Friday, July 3, 2015

Fourth of July


I love my country, I love my freedom, and I love my God. That being said the three couldn’t be further separated at this moment in history than they ever have been before. My beautiful country is falling apart fast, while we hear about historical flags being taken away from us and crazy rainbow ones taking their place, I fear my country is falling fast in the background. What laws have passed that are more important than gay rights or a flag? Please don’t tell me, I fear they are just more horrible news. My freedom, as I sit here typing this to you, I fear it is also slipping away, next thing you know I will be told I cannot tell you my thoughts because I will have offended too many people with my Christian beliefs. My God, He is mighty and I know that He will save me from this horrible cruel world someday.  He is my only joy in all of this turmoil in our country.

All that being said, I am thankful to be here in the United States, where I can tell you about my God without worrying about being shot as I walk out my front door (for now). I am thankful that my children are allowed to go to school, that there is one close enough for them to go to. I am thankful for the privileges we do still have, and I pray regularly that they do not get taken away from us. So on this July 4th, as I take my children to see the fireworks display, we will be praying as we watch. We will be thanking God for the beautiful show and the people that are there to put it on for us. We will be praying for the safety of those all over the country that they do not get hurt putting on these displays. We will be thanking God and country for the brave men and women that have fought and kept our freedoms free, both the ones that made it home and the ones that didn’t. But most of all we will be thanking God for each other!

Have a Blessed Holiday
~May God’s Light Shine Upon You Daily~

No comments:

Post a Comment